Apart from WEBA Chute Systems providing the bulk material handling industry with innovative skill and a specialised product, WEBA Chute Systems has placed Health and Safety in the workplace as our number one priority.
Our goals are to minimize significant risks at all WEBA Chute Systems sites as determined by the health, safety and environmental management system and conducting periodic management reviews in order to prevent incidents and to minimize our impact on the environment through a total integrated HSE management approach. In order to give practical expression to our commitment and to measure our progress, we aim to;
- Provides a working environment that is conducive to health and safety.
- Comply with all legal and other requirements applicable to our company.
- Place the management of occupational health and safety as the prime responsibility of line management from the managers through to the first line supervisors.
- Conduct regular safety audits and inspections on all sites.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement processes and procedures to deal with the identified risks in the work place as well as occupational health risks.
- Adopt a systematic approach to the implementation of the health, safety and environmental management system.
- Ensure that employees at all levels receive appropriate training and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate openly on health and safety issues with employees, visitors, contractors and stakeholders.
At WEBA Chute Systems we have undertaken to align ourselves with best practice principles of the OHSAS 18001 Management Systems. This will ensure that we are meeting where possible and exceeding all applicable legislation, codes of practice, standards and customer related policies and standards as far as reasonable practical.